Sports medicine is a branch of medicine that deals with physical fitness, the treatment and the prevention of injuries related to sports and exercise. Sports medicine doctor treat injuries such as muscle, ligament, tendon and bone problems and it also studies the biology and biomechanics of sport and providing nutrition advice, allowing the athletes to improve their performance and prevent injuries. Sports Medicine doctors are involved in promoting and monitoring the therapeutic benefits of physical activity, exercises and sport for the individuals and communities. In children and young people, they evaluate also the postural attitude, allowing a harmonious growth adapted to physical fitness.
At the American Mission Hospital it is possible to carry out:
- Specialist medical examinations to assess suitability for sports practice.
- Preventive postural medical examinations for children and adults using a baropodometric and stabilometric platforms.
- Cytotest (blood test), through which is possible to determinate which food cause intolerance reactions able to modify the metabolism;
- Genetic Test to evaluate the predisposition of the muscle to bear workout of strength, speed and resistance and to personalize the intake of mineral and vitamins during training and competitions, based on the genetic heritage.
- Measurement of the body bio electrical impedance measuring fat, muscle and total body water.
- Growth Factors Therapy (P.R.P.) in muscle injuries to help and accelerate the healing, to control the pain and stimulate the creation of new cartilage in the treatment of osteoarthritis and in the treatment of tendinitis.