Gastroenterology is a specialized branch of medicine dealing with diseases of the digestive system. It covers all disorders dealing with esophagus, stomach, small and large intestine (colon), liver, pancreas, gall bladder and bile ducts. A Gastroenterologist does not perform surgeries but usually performs day care procedures through endoscopes.
The department of Gastroenterology at American Mission Hospital is dedicated to providing comprehensive care for prevention, diagnosis and treatment for patients with gastrointestinal disorders. Our experienced Gastroenterologists along with trained and professional technicians and nursing staff, provide round-the-clock specialist care to patients with digestive disorders.
- We provide comprehensive resources for diagnosis and treatment of digestive diseases including :
- Acidity, Reflux, Gas-related complaints.
- Liver Disease (Evaluation of abnormal liver function tests, jaundice, distension of abdomen, treatment of liver cirrhosis)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Constipation, Diarrhea)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn's disease, Ulcerative Colitis)
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Upper gastrointestinal Endoscopy (Endoscopic examination of food pipe, stomach & small intestine)
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Lower gastrointestinal Endoscopy Colonoscopy (Endoscopic examination of large intestine, polypectomy if required)
- Treatment of Gastrointestinal Bleeding ( blood in the vomitus or bleeding per rectum, management of esophageal varices)
- Liver Biopsy
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Nutritional advise and Dietitian services for the prevention and treatment of abdominal obesity and metabolic diseases like diabetes, HTN. For more information about our dietary services you may click on the following link - (Dietician).
- Back-up of Radiological services like X-ray, Barium studies, Ultrasound abdomen, CT and MRI with MRCP.
- Benefits of Endoscopy
- Simple and Safe
- Minimally invasive
- Minimum anesthesia
- No cut therefore no scar on body
- Easy to tolerate
While providing all these services, we strive to be a leader in setting the standards of high quality care to all our patients.