- Considerate, equal and respectful care in a clean and safe environment.
- Be examined and treated in surroundings which protect your privacy and culture.
- Know the name of the person treating you and their professional capacity.
- Receive clear understandable information about your health status and treatment and be involved in decisions about your healthcare.
- Be involved in the development of any plan for your health in language that you can understand with a representative if you wish.
- Be kept informed about waiting times, delays and cancellations.
- Have access to your medical records subject to our normal procedures and to know that your personal medical information remains confidential.
- Refuse treatment and to be informed of any medical consequences and the risks of refusing treatment.
- Ask for a breakdown of costs involved before any treatment begins.
- Express complaints about the care received and to have those complaints resolved.
- Receive a clear explanation of any surgical, anesthetics or certain diagnostic procedures and to be asked to give your written consent to the procedure.
- Communicate with people outside the hospital and receive visitors except when this would interfere with your plan of care.
You also have the responsibility to
- Cooperate with everyone providing you with care and treatment.
- Be considerate to other patients by respecting their property and privacy.
- Understand and follow instructions concerning your treatment and ask questions if you do not understand and would like an explanation
- Provide accurate and complete information regarding your health and medical history by answering all questions honestly
- Responsible as regards your payment for treatment and cooperative in providing any insurance information.
- Inform our staff if you have brought any medication into the hospital with you.
- Inform the hospital if you cannot meet an appointment
- Accept responsibility for the consequences if you refuse treatment or do not follow our instructions
- Make a formal complaint concerning quality of care.
If you have cause to complain and would like an immediate answer please speak to the supervisor where you are or ask to speak to Hospital Administration.
To file a formal complaint contact
American Mission Hospital
P. O. Box 1, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain
Tel +973 17 177 711 Fax: +973 17 234 194
E-Mail : email@example.com