The Department of Radiology at American Mission Hospital is a dynamic department with highly experienced Radiologists, highly skilled technical and administrative staff, and excellent equipment. The Department takes pride in consistently targeting excellence in clinical care and teaching as its top priorities.
The Department is organized into sections of Routine Radiography, Special Radiography, Mammography, Ortho-pan-tomography, Ultrasound Imaging and C.T. Scan imaging. Apart from this we have a Mobile X-Ray unit for inpatient Radiography and a Mobile Image Intensifier to guide procedures in the Operation theatre. Our Radiologists are acknowledged as experts in their area of specialty interest with widely recognized contributions to clinical care, in house education of staff as well as teaching students from Medical universities of Bahrain. We currently have 4 Radiologists, 7 Technologists, 3 Assistants, 1 Transcriptionist and 1 Receptionist, all as full time staff.
All routine radiological procedures and ultrasounds, except conventional x-ray exams, are by prior appointment. Patients attending from courtesy physicians and other facilities with a referral for examination will be treated in the same manner as patients originating from AMH. The Radiography images are processed by Computerised Radiography system (CR). All the diagnostic images are loaded into Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) for review and reporting. All Physicians can also view the images as an when they are processed through ‘Mini Pacs’ system in their respective offices almost instantly.
Our clinical services include all aspects of Diagnostic Radiology including guided mammography and ultrasound procedures. The Department of Radiology American Mission Hospital as they relate to medical imaging and imaging guided treatment. Missions of the Department include the provision of clinical and administrative services, teaching and training.
With respect to these missions, the Department seeks to:
- Provide high quality, timely, appropriate, and cost-effective patient care
- Serve as expert imaging consultants for referring physicians
- Effectively manage Health System imaging resources
- Teach and train physicians and allied health professionals at all career levels so that they can effectively fulfill their professional responsibilities
- Help Department personnel to develop outstanding and gratifying careers in medical imaging
- Create a work environment which fosters collaboration and teamwork
- Contribute to the overall well being of the institution as a well organized and financially successful department
- Be recognized as an outstanding clinical and teaching department.