Specialist Periodontist (Gums Specialist).
Training / Schooling:
Dr. Pavankumar Kalwa is a Periodontist, who specializes in the treatment of gum diseases & maintenance of oral health. Commonly known as gum disease, periodontal disease is an inflammatory condition that, if left untreated, may cause damage to the tissues and bone surrounding the teeth and can eventually lead to tooth loss.
Signs of gum disease:
- Gums bleeding when you brush.
- Red, swollen or tender gums.
- Chronic bad breath.
- Gaps between teeth & gums.
- Pus discharge from the gums.
- Loose teeth, drifting teeth.
- Any change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite.
- Any change in the fit of partial dentures.
- Sensitive teeth etc.
He performs a number of periodontal procedures such as deep gum cleaning, pocket reduction surgeries, splinting of loose teeth etc. He also specializes in advanced regenerative procedures such as bone grafting to increase support of teeth & soft tissue grafting for receded gums. In addition to periodontal procedures, he also performs various cosmetic procedures like gum contouring & gum bleaching. He believes that proper oral care accompanied with periodic oral hygiene maintenance can help to prevent gum disease, preserve your teeth for a long time and give you an attractive, confident and everlasting smile.
Certifications / Qualifications:
- “Bachelor of Dental Surgery” (1999 – 2005) from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, India.
- “Master of Dental Surgery in Periodontics” (2005 – 2008) from Annamalai University, Tamilnadu, India.
- “Fellowship Diploma in Laser Dentistry” (2015 – 2016) from University of Genoa, ITALY.
- “Standard Proficiency Laser Certification” (2016) from “Academy of Laser Dentistry” (USA) which is accreditated by the “Royal College of Surgeons of England”.
- “Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital management” (2008) from Annamalai University, Tamilnadu, India.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships:
37 Publications in various International & National Journals.
Editorial Board Member:
- Open Journal of Stomatology (USA).
- Indian Journal of Dental education.
- Annals and Essences of Dentistry.
- Indian Journal of Dental Sciences.
- Member – Academy of Laser Dentistry (USA).
- Life Member – Indian Society of Periodontology.
- Life member – Indian Academy of Aesthetic & Cosmetic Dentistry.
- Life Member – Indian Dental Association.
- Life Member – Indian Red Cross Society.
- Fellow – Academy of General Education (Manipal).
- Specialist License – National Health Regulatory Authority, Bahrain.
- Specialist License – Saudi Commission for Health Specialties, Saudi Arabia.
- Specialist License – Dental Council of India.
+ 973 1717 7711